NEWS RELEASE - Pursuant to the February 23, 2012 Memorandum Decision of the United States District Court, the FDA has officially allowed the first qualified green tea health claim as follows: "Green tea may reduce the risk of breast or prostate cancer although the FDA has concluded that there is very little scientific evidence for this claim." For more information see: http://www.fda.gov/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/LabelingNutrition/ucm301644.htm
Dr. Lee announced on April 14, 2014 that due to heavy commitments in his molecular diagnostic work, especially in developing and implementing the reliable DNA tests for Lyme disease and Borrelia miyamotoi infections (see references 1-10 below), he is unable to continue supplying the TeaforHealth green tea through this website to the public. Effective April 15, 2014, we will cease to accept orders for our green tea. We thank all of our customers for their past trusted supports and the people interested in the science of drinking green tea for health maintenance may continue to consult the educational website www.greenteahaus.com
Dr. Lee’s TeaforHealth Group
1. Lee S H, Vigliotti VS, Vigliotti JS, Jones W, Pappu S. Increased Sensitivity and Specificity of Borrelia burgdorferi 16S Ribosomal DNA Detection. Am J Clin Path. 2010; 133:569-576.
2. Lee S H, Vigliotti VS, Vigliotti JS, Jones W, Williams J, Walshon J. Early Lyme disease with spirochetemia – diagnosed by DNA sequencing. BMC Res Notes. 2010 Nov 1; 3:273.
3. Lee SH: Chapter 5 in “Guidelines for the use of molecular tests for the detection and genotyping of human papilloma virus from clinical specimens.” Methods Mol Biol 2012; 903:65-101.
4. Lee SH. Detection of human papillomavirus (HPV) L1 gene DNA possibly bound to particulate aluminum adjuvant in the HPV vaccine Gardasil®. J Inorg Biochem 2012; 117:85–92.
5. Lee SH. Detection of human papillomavirus L1 gene DNA fragments in postmortem blood and spleen after Gardasil® vaccination-A case report. Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology 2012; 3: 1214-1224.
6. Lee SH. Topological conformational changes of human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA bound to an insoluble aluminum salt – a study by low temperature PCR. Advances in Biological Chemistry 2013; 3: 76-85.
7. Hong G, Lee SH, Ge S, Zhou S. A Novel Low Temperature PCR Assured High-Fidelity DNA Amplification. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2013; 14:12853-12862.
8. Lee SH. Melting profiles may affect detection of residual HPV L1 gene DNA fragments in Gardasil®. Curr Med Chem. 2014; 21:932-940.
9. Lee SH, Vigliotti JS, Vigliotti VS, Jones W, Shearer DM. Detection of Borreliae in Archived Sera from Patients with Clinically Suspect Lyme Disease. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2014; 15:4284-4298.